You may be able to get help with paying your fees through subsidies funded by the New Zealand Government.

20 Hours ECE

You may not be aware but the New Zealand government provides funding for 20 Hours of Early Childhood Education for children aged 3-5 years, this is to give young children the best possible start in life.

This subsidy is not calculated on how much you earn or means tested, which makes it available to all 3-5 year old children who enrol with us.  

If your child is turning 3 and you are already part of the KidStart family, you will be automatically contacted by our homebased service co-ordinator about applying for the 20 Hours ECE subsidy. If you're not currently part of KidStart, we can discuss your options with you during your enrolment. The 20 Hours ECE subsidy ceases when your child turns 6 or they start school. Read more…

Work and Income Subsidy

Work and Income may be able to help with assistance towards childcare costs if:

  • you are the main caregiver of the child, and
  • your family is on a low or middle income, and
  • you are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, and
  • your child has at least three hours of care a week.

There are different conditions and requirements that apply before assistance can be given. What childcare assistance is available to you will depend on your individual situation and the type of childcare your child is enrolled in.

As to what you may be entitled to:

WINZ Childcare Subsidy Rates change from time to time. The best thing to do is to go to the WINZ website for the most up to date rates.

Work and Income Childcare Subsidies are only payable from the date that the application forms are received by WINZ. Don’t delay, complete the forms and get them back to WINZ as soon as you are able as they will not be backdated if the form is received after your child starts care.

Once everything is all approved we can start using your WINZ subsidy to reduce your childcare payments. Remember we don't approve WINZ subsidies, we can only administer them, and also remember that you are responsible for notifying WINZ of any changes in your circumstances that may affect your subsidy, such as your child being absent from care, sick, on holiday or changes to your personal circumstances.

The subsidies are explained to you in during our enrolment process in much greater detail if you are applying for a subsidy.